Smash through your barriers
We can help you get through your barriers and discover what in life is meaningful for you, where your behaviours, thoughts and emotions originate from, and then creating strategies going forward so that you can use them to help get you to your ideal self/goals.
Giving you the ability to…
- Recognise barriers that are preventing you from achieving your healthy lifestyle goals and gain strategies to overcome them
- Understand how depression, anxiety, and anger prevent you from experiencing life, and learn strategies for recognising triggers and overcoming them
- Work through the grieving process after a loss, and gain a renewed positive direction into the future
- Be able to stick to a diet or exercise plan
- Break unhealthy habits and create healthy habits
- Clarify health and fitness goals that are specific to your needs
- Plan, prioritise and balance activities in your week to decrease stress
- Gain clear direction towards a low stress life
- Balance study, training, work, family, and social time and still achieve expected levels of achievement
- Be okay with achieving in one aspect of life, to be able to achieve excellence in another
- Overcome the need for absolute perfection
- Cope with disappointment when expectations are not met
The aim for mindhealth is to be a proactive service and allow you to make real changes. Between appointments, you are assigned “homework”, so you are constantly taking steps toward your new lifestyle. This aspect of the mindhealth approach is the backbone of this therapy, as you will be continually proving to yourself that you can take the necessary steps to change.
The mindhealth approach blends Humanist and Cognitive Behavioural Therapies to allow you to explore the factors that have led to where you are now, and then explore strategies for moving toward your new, healthier lifestyle.
A completely non-judgemental, open, friendly approach to helping you find the mental skills and solutions that will work for your specific needs. Your confidentiality is assured and sessions take place in a closed room.
Cost: $150 for first two sessions then $85 per 1hr session thereafter.
Seminars / Presentations
Jaron delivers mindhealth seminars/presentations that can explain the psychological aspects of making lifestyle changes, and improving physical and mental performance. Previous seminars/presentations have been a regular feature at Migym, Nelson and also with local organisations.